Thursday, November 1, 2012

Glad to be back in Nebraska!

Last week I arrived home from Washington State, where I was supervising the kosher grape juice production at Treetop in Prosser. Washington is a beautiful place, but i found myself missing Nebraska more and more every day I was there. One of the other Rabbi's there from New York, said to me "I don't think there are nicer people in the world than the people in Seattle." I told him, "I guess you've never been to Kearney!"
It's good to be home.

So after a quite Shobbos home with my family we made our way to Omaha on Sunday. Laila spent the day setting and styling wigs for the Jewish women of Omaha, and i had the opportunity to spend some time training Rabbi Mizrachi to perform kosher slaughter for his his new post as Rabbi in New Zealand. Rabbi Mizrachi was the assistant Rabbi in Omaha for the last five years. His wife, Talya administered the Mikvah there and we are sad to see them go. We wish them a lot if Mazel at there new post!

Before our day got underway, we had breakfast at Omaha's "Bagel Bin" with the chief Rabbi of Nebraska, Rabbi Gross, and his wife Miriam. We spoke about ways to work together, and I'm very excited to speak with him again and coordinate our efforts. Rabbi Gross has a great blog and mentioned our meeting this week there. Check it out at : http://www.amerabbica.com/2012/10/new-zealand-akko-jerusalem-and-kearney.html?m=1

With Chanukah on its way, I'd love to hear from all of you with idea's for bringing the light of Chanukah to local Jews who might not otherwise experience the holiday. As well as idea's for how we can best celebrate together as a community.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear shortly, after it has been approved by our moderator.
Thank you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home